Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pencils, where do you go?

My youngest students are constantly asking me for new pencils. They receive new pencils and the next day they only have a little stub left. Where do their pencils go so fast?  I'd also like to know how the pencils get so chewed up and gross looking. Although, I think after catching one girl eating her eraser today, we can figure out the chewing part. I have told my students to stop chewing, over sharpening, and simply to stop being irresponsible. In a world where it seems everything is easy to come by, how do we teach children to value their school supplies?

On my plan for the summer is to find or design a school supplies management plan and great pencil sharpener.  I have been hearing a lot about this pencil sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies. Do you have any experience with it? Any pencil related recommendations?


No comments:

Post a Comment