Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Liebster Award Nominations

I am honored to have been nominated for a Liebster award! Thank you Jessica at Hanging Out In First!


The Liebster award is for new blogs with less than 200 followers.  It is my honor to accept the award and nominate more blogs like mine!

To accept the award I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5 - 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.


My nominees are:

Leaping Into Learning for her creativity and down to earth style.
Teacher's Take-Out for her creative name and cute blog.
Kady Did Doodles for her cute clip art and to inspire her to keep blogging!
Owl About Us for sharing in my blogging journey.
Creating Readers and Writers for offering inspiring blog posts about literacy.

Questions to me were:

1. What is your favorite subject to teach?
My favorite subject to teach is reading. I love watching students fall in love with reading and become better readers each day.
 
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to share my experience teaching abroad.

3. What is your favorite part about blogging?
My favorite part about blogging is that it has made me a more reflective teacher.  Networking with other teacher bloggers has also made me a better teacher.

4. What would you have done if you did not become a teacher?
If I did not become a teacher, I would have been a lawyer.  3 out of my 4 grandparents were teachers, but both of my parents are in law careers.

5. What is something that is on your bucket list?
Hiking Machu Pichu in Peru has been on my bucket list for a few years.

6. What is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation is a quiet family vacation in northern Michigan. My family has taken this vacation every summer for as long as I can remember. I love visiting the small towns in northern Michigan and the cool summers up there.

7. Where did you go to school?
I graduated from Kent State Univeristy.

8. What is your favorite children's book?
My favorite children's book...It doesn't seem right to have a favorite. My favorite author is Roald Dahl. He was the author that helped me fall in love with reading when I was in second grade. I enjoy reading Matilda before the start of each school year to remind me why I became a teacher.

9. What is one goal that you have made for yourself this year?
My goal this year is to learn and implement Daily 5.

10. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your life?
I am most proud of taking the last year to teach abroad.  It is a year of my life that I will always remember and an experience I will continue to draw on for the rest of my life.

11. Are you married? Do you have children?
I am not married and do not have children.

 

11 Random Facts About Myself:

1. I played trombone in Middle School.
2. I was in running club in high school.
3. I have wanted to be an elementary school teacher since I was in second grade, except for when I was in fifth grade at which time I wanted to be an art teacher.
4. I graduated from college in four years.
5. I made it through college without drinking coffee!  I'm a tea drinker.
6. I would like to learn to play piano and violin.
7. I dream of someday being a published children's author.
8. My childhood best friend and I wrote poetry and submitted it to magazines, but never got published.
9. I tried oil painting as a hobby in high school.
10. I don't own a smart phone...yet.
11. I know how to knit and crochet.

Questions for my nominees:

(I borrowed a few from the questions given to me.)
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. What is your favorite subject to teach?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. What is your favorite part about blogging?
5. What would you have done if you did not become a teacher?
6. What is something that is on your bucket list?
7. What is your favorite children's book?
8. What is one goal that you have made for yourself this year?
9. What accomplishment are you most proud of in your life?
10. What is one of your hobbies?
11. What is your favorite technology to use in the classroom?


No comments:

Post a Comment