Sunday, September 22, 2013

Last week's successes in photos

I wrote this last weekend and just noticed it never published. Technology has not been on my side lately.

This week I finally felt like my room is more or less together and we are into our routine.  It took many days and hours (during which I have slacked on blogging-sorry). This weekend has gotten away from me as I finish up a few last beginning if the year projects, so I'll just do a quick photo post for you. Each photo is captioned with how it represents a success for the past week.

 
This is the front of the room. Technology is set up. Students have their toolboxes with pencils and markers each labeled and stored in their cubby. Hopes and dream bulletin started. Class jobs have been introduced, assigned, and displayed (the bees on the right).


 
I started CAFE for the very first time! Exciting, but challenging. This week I am going to review the strategies I introduced to give me more practice and ensure that the students have a good foundation of important reading strategies. To do this week is to conference with students and set their goals!


 
Math corner is set up and being put to daily use. We are using Bridges this year and I'm really liking it. (Maybe more on that in a future post).
 
 
Calendar time was chaos and time was being wasted on getting supplies. I simplified the process by setting up these toolkits. Each student gets two pencils and a dry erase marker each labeled with his/her name. I tried hot gluing Pom poms but they kept falling off when the students used them. So, I went to Dollar Tree and picked up baby washcloths. They came four washcloths in a pack! The students thought these were just as cool as Pom Pom erasers and much easier to use!

That's all for now. I hope you had a great week and refreshing weekend!

-Olivia




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your encouragement!

    I like this little holder! Did you get that at dollar store too? I am having the same issue with pom poms on end, plus when the pen dries up you have to either use the same lid (which doesn't work if a different brand of pen) or glue a new pom pom. I think the washcloth might be less frustrating all around.

    Love your room! Are those wood floors???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pencil cases were dollar store finds, but I've seen them at Office Max too. I love the wood floors- gives warmth to the space!

      Delete